On Jan 14, 2005, at 10:22 PM, Chuck Swiger wrote:

Eric F Crist wrote:
Actually, I believe squirrelmail just depends on an imap server. I don't think it cares what (imap-uw is supported). My issue resides with the plain-text password issue. As per instructions, I've recompiled imap-uw to allow plain-text, or so I thought, and I still get the errors.

Did you also recompile the c-client library which UW-IMAP depends on with the ENABLE_PLAINTEXT_LOGINS_WHICHAMACALLIT_VARIABLE set? :-)

Also, I believe you can configure UW-IMAP to support Maildir format, as well, if that is your preference, or if squirrelmail would be happier.

--
-Chuck

I've now removed both imap-uw and cclient, and reinstalled with the following command:

grog# env WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=YES make reinstall

This did mention in the process that I was 'installing with ssl but also with plaintext passwords enabled, which doesn't conform to some acronyms' protest'

any ideas?

TIA
Eric F Crist                  "I am so smart, S.M.R.T!"
Secure Computing Networks              -Homer J Simpson