Hummm - A similar question about port 445
was raised recently on this list. I would
at least do not allow incomming connections
*from* the internet and outgoing connections
*to* the internet on port 445.

You can accomplish that using a firewall-router
or one of the firewall software packages that
are distributed together with FreeBSD.

faisal gillani schrieb:
i use samba on my freebsd server to share files , i
dont use any active directory connectivity still the
port "445/tcp    open        microsoft-ds" is open , i
read is some where that this port should be close as
it is dangerous to the server , is this true ?

thanks

=====

-- Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards DAn.I.El S. Haischt

Want a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l [EMAIL PROTECTED]