I secure my wireless network with IPsec. The rules are generated with a perl script (included below) with a rule for each ip in the range 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.254 (.2 is my AP). The key exchange is handled by racoon and works without issue. I have "allow ip from any to any" as my first ipfw rule when on this network. My firewall allows DHCP and ISAKMP traffic unencrypted and allows only esp traffic otherwise.

My problem is that certain websites tend not to work. I can look them up and make a connection, but I get no incoming packets, although on occasion they do work. Google is one such site. Also, it seems that images don't always load for any site. Neither firewall is blocking the traffic. When I make an OpenVPN link over the connection (it's easier than disabling IPsec, since it's already setup for when I'm away from home), the same websites work fine.

Any ideas? It just struck me that maybe parallel connections to the same address are at root of the issue, but I have no real evidence.

What more information would be useful?

Thanks.

Perl script that generates /etc/ipsec.conf:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

my $fw = "192.168.1.1";

print "flush;","\n",
     "spdflush;","\n";

foreach (3..254) {
   my $ip = "192.168.1.$_";

print "\n";
print
"spdadd $ip/32 0.0.0.0/0 any -P out ipsec esp/tunnel/$ip-$fw/require;\n",
"spdadd 0.0.0.0/0 $ip/32 any -P in ipsec esp/tunnel/$fw-$ip/require;\n";
}