Oliver Leitner wrote:

sounds like either powersurgery or you hit the wrong button to me...
also, are you the only one with root or power access to it?

maybe some coworker stepped over the cable, or some other one thought he could work with a bsd, and just did the shutdown -r now...

in case you might wanna check all the logs, also the ones including informations on who connected to that box.

Also, its only a thought, but how much space is left on that system, do a
df -h and have a closer look...

Greetings
Oliver Leitner
Technical Staff