and On 01/25/05 16:01:14, Derek wrote:,
Jason Henson wrote:
Something like hw.acpi.pci.link.0.6.0.irq=16

I used: hw.acpi.pci.link.0.11.0.irq=9 hw.acpi.pci.link.0.11.1.irq=9

In /boot/loader.conf, and I get a panic right at boot... If I unset them using loader, system boots fine. I also tried using irq 20, same thing.

I never had a panic from using these?
Maybe use irqs 19 and 24, or move the usb controler. I don't know, but you may only be able to remap to irqs higher that 14 because those are enabled with acpi. 1 - 14 are standard hardware irqs and don't need acpi. Just a thought.

#irq pcm in /boot/loader.conf

I don't know what this statement means... I tried looking for more documentation about it.

Just something to remind me what I did.

Maybe you could also try changing the pci clock, by =20
this I mean the number of tics or cycles a device can control the bus. =20
I have mine set to 96.

Is this a function of the BIOS, or the O/S? If its in FreeBSD, where can I find more information about this?

It's in the bios. Also checkout man acpi, man acpidump, and the acpi page in the handook.