On 01/29/05 18:40:26, ad5gb wrote:

Greetings,

I have discovered more problems with atapi stuff on my system.  Tried
to mount a
cd using my IDE CD and the system responded with...

acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 12>0
acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 20>0
acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 8>0
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 12>0
acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 20>0
acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 8>0
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
acd0: TIMEOUT - READ_BIG retrying (2 retries left)
acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out

I first added hw.ata.atapi_dma="0 to /boot/loader.conf but it didn't
help. I
then added hw.ata.ata_dma="0" and tried again. If I leave the disc in
the
drive and reboot it reports:

acd0: WARNING - READ_TOC read data overrun 12>0

acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x21 ascq=0x00
error=4<ABORTED>
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

Between this and the atapicam problem I found a couple days ago, I'm
totally
stumped.

Any ideas?

Have you tried any other cds? Is this the first time with that cdrom, has it worked before, or is it new? What version of FreeBSD are you running and when was it built? A dmesg and kernel config? Did you here anything from Søren Schmidt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. He is the ata guru.