Ben Haysom wrote:
Hi

I am running FBSD 5.3-CURRENT on a Duron 700Mhz 384Mb RAM.

When I do (as root)

#portupgrade -a

it comes back with:

Stale dependency: acroread-5.10_1 --> linux_base-8-8.0_6 -- manually
run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.

So I do

#portupgrade -a -O

and *everytime* it reboots itself before the portupgrade is complete.
Not a clean reboot though - it doesn't dismount filesystems before it goes.

I can't work out what it's doing.
There is nothing relevant in /var/log/messages.

Can anyone help?

Ben.

Like Karol Kwiatkowski suggested, I would say you have about a 99% chance this is a hardware failure. In addition to what Karol suggested, it could also be a faulty power supply. Also, I would say look into the hardware in this order:

1. RAM
2. Power Supply
3. CPU

Note: The above is just my personal opinion.

--

Tabor Kelly
[EMAIL PROTECTED]