Maybe this is not the best place for this (I'm not really sure) but
would there be a way to setup the ports tree so that when a particular
package is deinstalled that it's dependancies would be deinstalled if
they were only installed becasue of the port in the first place.  For
example Package X depends on Packages A,B, and C.  Package A was
installed because you needed it for whatever reason but B and C were
not.  So I install Package X ( and consequently B and C) and when I
decide to get rid of Package X for whatever reason it "automagically"
knows that B and C were installed due to dependancies and would check
if they were needed by other ports/packages and if not interactively
go through and deinstall them.  Interactively would be that it would
prompt the user prior to deinstallation.

"Would you like to remove Package B, since it was installed as a
dependancy? [y/N]?", etc.