On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Ian Moore wrote:

I want to make sendmail (on a 5.3-Release server) leave the host name out of
the sender address when sending mail from that machine.
I.E. mail from root currently has a sender address of [EMAIL PROTECTED], I
want it to be [EMAIL PROTECTED] instead.

[snip]

I think that the masquerading settings have changed somewhat since I last did
this. I read http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading.html, it suggests
MASQUERADE_AS(`host.domain') but when I tried that, it didn't work.

Adding MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(`myhost.foo.bar') to your .mc may be helpful.