Olivier Nicole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > How would I upgrade just one package part of the core like that? Or multiple
> > ones for that matter.  Can you use the ports/packages system? Or do you have
> > to do an entire system upgrade (i.e. 4.10 to 4.11).
>
> I'd say, given that ssh is part of the ports
> (/usr/ports/security/ssh), you could ust upgrade that port and install
> that port.
>
> I'd cvsup ports/security
>
> then make && make install for ssh

Um, no, as the original poster pointed out, ssh is part of the base
system, and normally you don't need the port.

Upgrading the base system *is* the best approach.  It *doesn't*
normally require updating to the latest release; 4.10, for example, is
still a supported branch, and will be for (at least) another year or
so.  Updating to the latest of the 4.10 branch will do fine for this
kind of problem.