Hello, My name is Marc.
I'll explain quickly my situation, some time ago I had downloaded freeBSD4.6.2 R (about 2 yrs ago)
I still have it today and proceeded to reinstalling it. I realize I should have grabbed the latest release, but alas for some reason I can't through my router. Yes I'm running a private network on windows, (for the time being until I can adequately configure freebsd as a server).

When I had gotten my first copy of freebsd (this release in question) I had taught myself how to use it. but this is over 2 yrs ago, and lots have melted away since. So in essence I'm again labelled a newbie. I tried re-building my kernel and was forced to reinstall the generic kernel, further more, I would also like to be able to install the Apache web server, I managed to get the Apache_1.3.33 but for some reason it wont compile (make), I have assumed that perhaps it was already compiled and tried to do a config or an install to it and still nothing.. what am I doing wrong?

Yes I have already literally downloaded and printed several man pages on multiple topics (over 180 pages worth)
and I still can't make heads or tails from it. I assume your time is limited as mine is, I'm a business owner with little time to dedicate to my personal project and I don't have anyone knowledgeable enough on hand to get any personal help. My question is this, would it be at all possible to have a form of 1 on 1 to resolve this issue?

I await your response eagerly.
Thank you greatly for any help you can provide.

Marc