> My machine is running too many procmail processes. I believe that
> they are taking too long to run.  Eventually it shuts down my machine.
>
> Any idea what could be causing this?

We saw that sort of thing with some of our systems.  I did not work
on that problem, but I seem to remember that it had to do with a
bug that the procmail processes were not finishing and just hanging
around.  I don't remember what was done to fix it and the guy who
worked on it isn't here right now.  But, you might search for something
about procmail processes not finishing/terminating properly.

////jerry