On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

I read that somewhere, but then every example shows 256k as being the strip size :( Now, with a 5 drives RAID5 array (which I'll be moving that server to over the next couple of weeks), 256k isn't an issue? or is there something better i should set it to?

The 4.10 man 8 vinum page shows 512K in the example, but later on it says that if cylinder groups are 32MB in size you should avoid a power of 2 which will place all superblocks and inodes on the same subdisk and that an odd number (479kB is the example) should be chosen.

Mike Squires