On Feb 11, 2005, at 8:32 PM, Robert Marella wrote:

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 03:14 +0100, Matthias Buelow wrote:
Johnson David wrote:

Currently Windows rules the desktop world, even for diehard Unix shops. But
that will not last forever. We need to start thinking about the desktop
today. We need to stop the official discouragement of desktop FreeBSD.

MacOS X is the "Desktop BSD". It is available today, and it works better than anything else at being a "desktop".

Does it work on my intel hardware?

Not in public it doesn't. That is irrelevant to the discussion. FreeBSD does not work on my PPC HW either.

Chad