On Feb 14, 2005, at 11:11 PM, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC writes:

no they did and could point out specific problems and likely
intentional changes.

Where can I see a list of these?

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/11/hakon_on_ms_interroperability/>

This page points to a bunch. These are not the ones from people I know and respect as those communications were not public communications and their work not published on the web.

Google on this issue of Windows IE standard compliance, especially with
CSS. You will find reams of info with examples of where MS got it
wrong, and many think intentionally got it wrong.

I've already tested the browser myself, with the official test suites. It did better than any other overall.

Based on your other postings, I don't think you'd know if they really passed or not. Merely rendering a page does not mean it passes. There are lots of subtleties in CSS.

Chad

In any case, MSIE doesn't run on FreeBSD.

--
Anthony