I have a SuperMicro Motherboard X6DHE-G2 with serial ata. I am trying to install FreeBSD 5.3.
When I boot it up from the cdrom and select "Boot FreeBSD [default]." I get an error of "ata2-master: FAILURE =ATA_IDENTIFY TIMED OUT." The hard drive is not being detected.

If I boot it up in "FreeBSD safe mode," I dont get any errors and the hard drive is being detected.
I have installed FreeBSD 5.3 in safe mode and installed the current updates without any problems.

The only problem I have is after rebooting the machine and booting it up in default mode. It is not able to mount my root partition. Also, I keep getting the error of "ata2-master: FAILURE=ATA_IDENTIFY TIMED OUT." Has anybody run across this problem? If so, I would like to know how the problem was fixed.

Thanks