On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 08:38:11AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
: On 2005-02-22 05:50, Jonathon McKitrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: >
: > Hi all,
: > I'm porting some libraries from Win32 to BSD/Linux.  In the original
: > code, I receive a Windows event with an attached COM object.
: >
: > Under *nix, what is the best way to copy this?  A message, followed
: > by accessing shared memory between threads?
:
: Does the message really have to be shared across many threads?  I'm
: only asking because thread-specific message queues are not that hard
: to build with pthreads.  You will only need a per-thread queue to hold
: messages and a master thread that 'dispatches' messages to the proper
: thread/queue.

Well, there will be a data acquisition thread, that when finished, will need
to signal the main processing thread that a new data object has arrived.

Jonathon McKitrick
--
My other computer is your Windows box.