On Feb 22, 2005, at 9:56 AM, Scott Stevenson wrote:

I've done a bunch of research and testing on this, and received a follow-up email from one of the people that originally reported the problem (attached below, sorry about the length).

I've determined that the files on the server are completely intact and don't appear to have any stray control characters embedded in them. I've considered the possibility that this is a PHP bug, but that doesn't explain the issues with image downloads or the CSS file. It appears the outgoing data is actually getting munged. The problem even occurs just using wget. I haven't been able to personally recreate this, but he can every time.

This sure looks a lot like something's overwriting memory in place where it shouldn't.

Any ideas? Should I post this to the bug list?

Also, here are the relevant lines from pf.conf. I want to avoid sending the complete file. As mentioned in my last post, the person who sent the original complaint is unable to reach the site at all from behind his Linux-based router.

pass in quick on $ext_if proto { tcp, udp } from any to any port 53 pass in quick on $ext_if proto { tcp, udp } from any to any port 80 pass out on $ext_if proto { tcp, udp } all keep state

# pass incoming ports for ftp-proxy
pass in on $ext_if inet proto tcp from any to $ext_if user proxy keep state

Does this all look reasonable? I did a lot of reading but I'm still pretty new to pf.

Thanks again,

   - Scott

--
http://treehouseideas.com/