On Feb 22, 2005, at 8:27 AM, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Anthony Atkielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Dan Nelson writes:

Is it write-protected?  Securelevel too high?  Check your console or
dmesg output; the kernel may be printing more info there.

No console messages that I've seen, but securelevel=3. Does securelevel=3 prevent me from mounting floppies??

Why would you want to mount an MSDOS floppy on a server? That reduces the security and stability of your server

Chad
(before any of you reply, go research Anthony's missives on servers)