Mark Jayson Alvarez wrote:
> Hi,
>   I think I did something horrible with my machine. I
> cannot complete a "make" anywhere in ports. For
> example, I'm compiling iperf and got this error.
>
> headers.h:82:19: errno.h: No such file or directory
> headers.h:139:24: syslog.h: No such file or directory
>
> I used find to search for these files and I did find
> it.
>
> #find / -name errno.h -print
> /usr/include/sys/errno.h
> /usr/include/sys/syslog.h
>
> Whenever I'm compiling a c program, I learned that I
> can pass a -I<directory> to the gcc, but I don't know
> how to do it in ports. Is there a file where in I can
> specify where my include files can be found, like that
> of the ld-elf.so.hints and ld.so.hints that contains
> the directory where my libraries can be found?

Hmm, please test whether you can compile the following C program:

#include <stdio.h>

int main (int argc, char *argv[]) {
        printf ("Hello, Mark!\n");
        return 0;
}

Then compile it using: gcc -c hello.c

If it doesn't compile, something happened to your C compiler since
/usr/include should be searched automatically (i.e. without -I) by gcc.

If so, have a look at /etc/make.conf and also /etc/defaults/make.conf
(the latter one should not be modified!)

Simon