kalin mintchev wrote:
what now?

I've seen this problem too when I'm using the nvidia driver with the RenderAccel option. Once I turned it off openoffice no longer froze the machine. I think it's an nvidia driver problem that "hopefully" will be fixed in the next release. Whenever that will be.

but mine is ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 chipset using the ati driver...  no
nvidia...

anybody else?

thanks...

Yeah, I have noticed OOo freeze a few times lately myself. It should also be noted that I tried to kill -9 it with no effect. Looks a bit locked up waiting for something.

pciconf tells me I have this graphics device:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2:0: class=0x030000 card=0x2030161f chip=0x35828086 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00 vendor = 'Intel Corporation'
device = '82852GM/GME/GMV/PM, 855GM/GME Montara Integrated Graphics Device'
class = display
subclass = VGA

If I see this happening again I will run ktrace on it and see what I get.

Slightly unrelated but another bug I just noticed today. Outline numbering does not save properly unless you save as a windows doc file. The bug is documented and should have been fixed for 1.1.4. Maybe it will get updated on the next update.

Chris