Apologies for the quick post. I found the domain file issue and i had changed the DOMAIN param in freebsd.mc from generic to prosoundweb.com. switching it back to generic obviously took care of that problem however after opening up the SMART_HOST:

define(`SMART_HOST', `bhost1.broadjam.net')

I am still timing out which leads me to believe it is a true issue of timing between the servers and NOT improper configuration on the box. If i understand everything now by uncommenting the SMART_HOST define and giving it our true mail server this should relay all mail generated and coming from and coming into the server to the actual mail server yes?

I also now only have sendmail_enabl="YES" in rc.conf

am i way off base here?
ken;