None of those commands worked... However, I've also found that echo $SHELL in my regular user's terminal says /bin/sh, while as root it says /bin/csh. Both root and the non-root user's shells are listed in /etc/passwd as /bin/tcsh, so where else would the shell get set? Can I just set all terminals and all users (i.e. me) to have the same shell with the same capabilities?

thnx,

PS: grrr... bottom posting.

Matthew Seaman wrote:
Dan Nelson wrote:

In the last episode (Mar 01), Ben Munat said:

Why doesn't tab completion in the shell work for my regular
(non-root) user?

That depends on what shell "the shell" refers to, of course.

Grrr... top posting.