Vince wrote:

I'm not sure if this is still the case but.. Have a read of this thread, http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-May/027476.html
Basicly set your wireless to ad-hoc mode and see if that resolves the issue. It did for me (had an old p133 laptop acting as my Access point until it died, and that was fine.)

Vince

Thanks for the idea, but no joy. Converted over to ad-hoc mode and got the same results. I did read through the thread you linked to, and I'm inclined to believe it's still a driver issue, although I have no way to prove that. I'm not a programmer, so I wouldn't even know how to patch the code as was suggested. I saw someone started to port a program called rssadap from NetBSD, but the link provided didn't work anymore.

Time to call for a waaahmbulance then, I guess I'm stuck with the low throughput, cause I can't fix it myself. :(

Thanks for trying though.

Christopher