Paul Schmehl wrote:
[ ... ]
So, I removed rule 00001 and created a new one like this:
ipfw add 00050 allow ip from {my workstation at work) to any.

I then ssh'd to my workstation and attempted to ssh back to the server. No go. Yet ipfw show shows an increased packet count on the counter for that rule. So, it's seeing the packets, but they're being delayed somehow.

Why the allow ip from any to any works, but allow ip from my workstation to any doesn't is a complete mystery to me.

TCP connections are bidirectional, therefore you need to add rules which allow traffic from all back to your workstation, or else use keep-state and check-state to use dynamic rules....

--
-Chuck