Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
On 2005-03-05 13:34, Ben Munat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The delete key sends ^? when in a cons-25 terminal. Depending on what
your shell is, this may be remapped to perform whatever you feel suits
you best.  But this is a shell configuration issue.

If you are using /bin/sh, keys like ^? may be remapped in ~/.editrc to
perform whatever you want.  For instance, to remap ^? to delete the
character under the cursor (what most PC users expect to happen when
they press DEL), you can use:

        bind ^? ed-delete-next-char

For the GNU bash shell, similar key remapping may be configured in the
~/.inputrc file:

        "^?": delete-char

For the TCSH shell, you can use "bind" commands in your ~/.tcshrc.

And so on...

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! At f-ing last! My delete key works!

For the record, I'm using tcsh and it wasn't ^?... this is what worked in my
.tcshrc:

bindkey ^[[3~ delete-char

I got the ^[[3~ with by pressing ctrl-v and then delete key.

thnx,