On Mar 11, 2005, at 1:34 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Anthony
Atkielski
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:25 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: how to deal with spam for good?

There's no
fundamental, objectively verifiable difference between spam and any
other e-mail,

Actually, there is. Spam is what I object to. Non-spam is what I don't
object to.

Isn't he referring to the technical side, as in an easy algorithm for a computer to examine it and say "Spam!" and get rid of it vs. someone sending a relative an email about their experiences using v1agra?

so no automated or technical solution will ever work
completely.

It would if my computer could understand what I'm telling it better. ;-)

Ever read I, Robot? I embrace our technological overlords... :-)

Seriously, filters that are customized to the individual are very
effective.  The problem is getting the average person on the street to
put in the time to write a customized e-mail filter for themselves.

Yup...good luck with that one.