Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
I'd like to be able to read Russian messages from slrn.  I set LANG
environment variable to ru_RU, but it does not help.  I think it is
because the underlying system does not support Russian or something
like this.  I don't plan to type messages in Russian.  Most of the GUI
apps seem to support foreign languages out of the box.  What's so
difficult with the console apps?

Compare your ~/.login_conf to /etc/login.conf. Set the LANG there.

--
[WBR], Arcade. [SAT Astronomy/Think to survive!]