On Mar 14, 2005, at 12:38 AM, Martin Schweizer wrote:

Hello Bart

Am Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:20:14PM -0500 Bart Silverstrim schrieb:

On Mar 13, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Martin Schweizer wrote:

Hello

I've two X server: a client and a server. How I can contact from the
client
the server (I read some articles but did not find a solution)? I can
successfully start X applications over SSH but I can't contact the
xdm. What
do I wrong?

What do you mean? If you're starting the X app on the remote system using X-forwarding with ssh, you're running a remote application using the remote system's CPU and memory. If you're trying to do something like open a whole X session on the remote system like a remote terminal, something like a "remote desktop", you'd probably need to look into using something like VNC over SSH or something using XNest may work.

Now I can start remote applications (like OpenOffice) remote without problems.
My goals are to use a "remote desktop" (like you describe). Is there a VNC
server for X?

There is; there should be some documentation for it if you google for VNC x terminal. Someone else may have more specific search terms, but I remember experimenting with this a few months ago.