On Mar 24, 2005, at 12:34 PM, Peter Risdon wrote:

From: Peter Risdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: March 24, 2005 12:31:36 PM EST
To: Bob Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Josh Ockert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: mot de passe root

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:30 -0500, Bob Johnson wrote:

No, I'm sorry but that seems to me to be a non sequitur. We can
understand questions we are not competent to answer if they are in
English, learn from the replies and if we hit the same issues ourselves
we can google and get a reply we can understand. You are suggesting this
incredibly useful situation be broken, if I understand you right. And
this applies to French and Russian speakers equally: this is an English
list, there are also French and Russian lists. I'd argue just as
strongly that postings to the French list should be in French.

Peter.

This is the default world-wide FreeBSD support list. Postings in any
language
have always been welcome (at least since I subscribed in 1997). Who put
you
in charge of deciding otherwise?

Crikey. Well, nobody, of course, and I'm not assuming that position. I was responding to and not initiating a thread. However:

<quote>
Please use an appropriate human language for a particular mailing list.
</quote>

0100111001110101011101000111001100100001