Martin Welk wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 08:38:49PM -0500, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>
> > Apparently that is not the case.
>
> As we are on the -stable list, I speak for stable: I did a cvsup yesterday
> to and today made buildworld and installworld and my /etc/sendmail.cf
> wasn't replaced by one of those procedures and I haven't configured
> something special. (And I haven't seen something like that for more than
> three years now - I have seen sendmail's barking update cf files that were
> to new because I forgot to disable building and installing sendmail during
> making the world and I had updated it meanwhile, but no change of the cf
> file itself.)
>
> > According to  another email I got builds a sendmail.cf from
> > /usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc and installs it.
>
> Maybe, it's something different in -current.

It's in stable. sendmail.cf is built, just not installed. Unless you ask
mergemaster to do it for you.

> > There seems to be a parameter in /etc/rc.conf where one can
> > indicate which ".mc" file to use at make world.
>
> Huh? Sendmail doesn't eat a plain .mc file so it cannot be a runtime
> option. Sendmail needs a "compiled" (or hand-written :-) ) cf file.

It appears (though I haven't tested it), that defining SENDMAIL_CF
in /etc/make.conf controls which .cf gets built, and subsequently
installed by mergemaster. Look at /usr/src/etc/sendmail/Makefile.

jay