Charles Cox wrote:

> I would like to add that some of us who do a lot of numerically intensive
> programming, and that need to squeeze every last available cycle out of
> our CPU's would really appreciate having -O2 available for userland
> programs.  To me, getting rid of the -O2+ switch would be like outlawing
> cars because someone had a really bad car accident.  Just like driving a
> car, using gcc and the -O2 switch safely are the USER's
> responsibility.  Having said this though, I do fully support having
> comments in make.conf, and documentation elsewhere that cautions against
> compiling a kernel with -O2.

Whatever. Remember, though, that compiling with -O2 *WILL* result in bad
code. It's not that someone had an accident. Is that the breaks don't
work one time out of five. Just wait your turn...

--
Daniel C. Sobral                        (8-DCS)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        One IP to bring them all and in the zone bind them.