David Kelly pisze:
On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 10:48:54AM +0100, Bartosz Stec wrote:
My backup script split filesystem dumps to files with size of 4,37 GB (4 588 544 kB). It's just an optimal size to fill out DVDs. At this moment I have to burn them from windows via smb-link becuase I didn't manage to do this task from FreeBSD console due to 2GB/4GB filesize restrictions (growisofs).

Since when did FreeBSD (or growisofs) have a 2GB/4GB filesize limit? I
have burned 4.3GB DVDs several times.

Just look, here is example:

   fbsd# growisofs -Z /dev/cd0 -R -J -udf -iso-level 3 -dry-run somefile
   Executing 'mkisofs -R -J -udf -iso-level 3 somefile | builtin_dd
   of=/dev/pass0 obs=32k seek=0'
   mkisofs: Value too large to be stored in data type. File somefile is
   too large - ignoring

I'm not talking about restriction of DVD size, but restriction to filesize wchich I want to place on DVD:

   fbsd# cat somefile | split -b 2G
   fbsd# rm somefile
   fbsd# ls -lh
   total 4590848
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  operator   2,0G  5 gru 09:18 xaa
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  operator   2,0G  5 gru 09:24 xab
   -rw-r--r--  1 root  operator   385M  5 gru 09:26 xac
   fbsd# growisofs -v -Z /dev/cd0 -R -J -udf -dry-run ./
   Executing 'mkisofs -v -R -J -udf ./ | builtin_dd of=/dev/pass0
   obs=32k seek=0'
   mkisofs 2.01 (i386-unknown-freebsd7.0)
   Scanning ./
   Writing:   Initial Padblock                        Start Block 0
   Done with: Initial Padblock                        Block(s)    16
   Writing:   Primary Volume Descriptor               Start Block 16
   Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor               Block(s)    1
   Writing:   Joliet Volume Descriptor                Start Block 17
   Done with: Joliet Volume Descriptor                Block(s)    1
   Writing:   End Volume Descriptor                   Start Block 18
   Done with: End Volume Descriptor                   Block(s)    1
   Writing:   UDF volume recognition area             Start Block 19
   Done with: UDF volume recognition area             Block(s)    3
   Writing:   Version block                           Start Block 22
   Done with: Version block                           Block(s)    1
   Writing:   UDF pad to sector 32                    Start Block 23
   Done with: UDF pad to sector 32                    Block(s)    9
   Writing:   UDF main seq                            Start Block 32

When I split that file there are no errors and DVD is 4,3GB size.

--
Bartosz Stec