On 10Dec, 2008, at 10:11 , Victor Balada Diaz wrote:

Thanks for explaining me what the flags do. I'm not skilled enough to create the DMA quirks but if you could give me some patches i'll test them. Also if you have any other idea on what could i test or how can i debug this
it would be more than welcome.

Comment out the following two lines in ata_ahci_dmainit():

        if (ATA_INL(ctlr->r_res2, ATA_AHCI_CAP) & ATA_AHCI_CAP_64BIT)
            ch->dma->max_address = BUS_SPACE_MAXADDR;

And you will not use 64bit DMA even if the chipset supports it. However I have not seen any chipsets supporting this fail, YMMV as usual :)

-Søren