Harald Servat wrote:
Hello,

  I downloaded FreeBSD 7.1 (DVD iso image) for amd64 architecture (with
correct SHA256 checksum), but I'm unable to start the system (Lenovo T400).

  The boot process starts fine, the BTX messages appear, the 7-option menu
also appears, but when I hit enter (or when I choose start without ACPI or
start in safe mode) the \ symbols starts spinning for a while and then
freezes.

  I also tried with the 7.1-amd64-CD1, 7.1-i386-CD1 and a snapshot of
8.0-CURRENT dated from December. And the result is the same for all of them.

  Does anyone have any idea on what can be happening? Or at least, how can I
gather more information about this issue?

Please try setting "Integrated Graphics" or "Switchable Graphics" mode on Display setting in BIOS. AFAICT it is known issue and FreeBSD doesn't boot when set to Discrete Graphics in BIOS.

Ganbold

Thank you.

--
Too often I find that the volume of paper expands to fill the available briefcases. -- Governor Jerry Brown