Tomas Randa wrote:
Hello,

I have similar problems. The last "good" kernel I have from stable brach, october the 8. Then in next upgrade, I saw big problems with performance.
I tried ULE, 4BSD etc, but nothing helps, only downgrading system back.

Now I am trying 7.1-p1 and problems are here again. Mysql is waiting a lot of time with status "waiting for opening table" or "waiting for close tables"

I have 32bit FreeBSD with PAE, 1x xeon 5420, supermicro motherboard, areca SATA controller. Could not be problem in "da" device for example?

You and anyone else seeing performance problems should try to work through the advice given here:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/Help_my_system_is_slow.pdf

Kris