Forwarding to list because mail to ema...@freebsd.org bounced at the
location it is apparently being forwarded to so I'm not sure if it
was received.  I'll add that the problem seems to follow a pattern where
it happens only twice after a reboot (usually in the morning when rsync runs)
and then its fine until the next intentional reboot.
--- Begin Message ---
Ed,

   I've been having issues with the aac0 driver with a Sun STK raid card (
Adaptec 5805 ).  After FBSD upgrades and a reboot,
it will lock up when rsync backups run at night.  After doing this about 2-3
times over 2-3 days, it will stabilize and be rock
solid.  If you could assist me in maybe debugging it somehow, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Info:

   Controller Status                        : Optimal
   Channel description                      : SAS/SATA
   Controller Model                         : Sun STK RAID INT
   Controller Serial Number                 : 00809AA0182
   Physical Slot                            : 48
   Temperature                              : 64 C/ 147 F (Normal)
   Installed memory                         : 256 MB
   BIOS                                     : 5.2-0 (15583)
   Firmware                                 : 5.2-0 (15583)
   Driver                                   : 5.2-0 (15583)
   Boot Flash                               : 5.2-0 (15583)

Raid5+HSP setup with 8 SAS disks.

Code here:

                 code = AAC_GET_FWSTATUS(sc);
                 if (code != AAC_UP_AND_RUNNING) {
                         device_printf(sc->aac_dev, "WARNING! Controller is no "
                                       "longer running! code= 0x%x\n", code);

And one that mentions: "COMMAND %p TIMEOUT AFTER %d SECONDS\n",

TIA,

--

Bryan G. Seitz

--- End Message ---