On Apr 30, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Miroslav Lachman wrote:

Louis Kowolowski wrote:

Can you please post the model number of your servers?

The iX model number is IX12x2.  I believe it to be the 6015TW-TB/TV.

7.0 booted well from USB media on my Sun Fire X2100 M2 servers, but I know there were (are) problems with booting FreeBSD on some motherboards. I have problems with 7.0 on HP ML110 G5. 7.1 is booting OK on this HP ML110 G5. Did you try booting some newer versions on your servers?

Yes, 7.1 seems to boot just fine on them. I haven't tried 7.2RC/BETA yet.

Do you have any other issues with IPMI + KVM as posted by Andrew Snow?

I did, but I fixed it by fiddling around with the mouse/keyboard settings for the KVM. Don't recall exactly what I did, but there aren't many options, so it shouldn't take long to figure them out. :-)

--
Louis Kowolowski                                lou...@cryptomonkeys.org
Cryptomonkeys:                      http://www.cryptomonkeys.org/~louisk

Making life more interesting for people since 1977