Marat N.Afanasyev <ama...@ksu.ru> wrote:
Helmut Schneider wrote:
Hi,

after upgrading a few systems yesterday from 7.1-RELEASE to 7.2-RELEASE on one machine I got the error above. The problem was that

- I was unable to cope with it but booting from a live CD.
- the message appeared ~ 1000 times and then the kernel paniced.

After fsck'ing / with the help of the live CD I rebooted the machine but now I got the same problem with /home.

How can I avoid such issues (except of not letting the machine crash)? Is there a way to boot at least to single user mode and then run fsck (I was at home, far away from the machine, not funny)?

Thanks, Helmut

if there's a problem with home you can change

PermitRoorLogin yes

in /etc/ssh/sshd_config, restart sshd, login as root, unmount home and

There is no 'login' when / cannot be mounted...

fsck it. if you have another machine in there, you can try to make a serial console. or install a ip-kvm extender ;)

I do have such thing (IBM Blade Center) but I'm looking for something to avoid the situation above. Something that lets me at least boot into single user mode.

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn