On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Rohit Grover wrote:

I have upgraded to 8.0-RC1 (from 7.2-STABLE) on my MacBook 4,1. I did
so by checking out stable/8 under /usr/src, rebuilding kernel/world,
and using portupgrade to update all installed ports from packages
available on the 8.0RC1 DVD-iso.

Since the update, my X11 is laggy. Now, I often have to move the mouse
before keystrokes/button presses take effect.

Make sure hal and dbus are enabled in rc.conf and running. In xorg.conf, remove Option "AllowEmptyInput" "off".

A bonus of using hal is that you can remove the keyboard and mouse sections from xorg.conf.

As I've mentioned, I've updated the kernel/world, and updated
libpciaccess. Perhaps I'm having issues because I need to remove old
libs. How do I remove old libs?

cd /usr/src
make check-old-libs
make delete-old-libs

/usr/src/Makefile lists all the options.