on 29/09/2009 21:50 kama said the following:
> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>
>> Serial console and remote debugging perhaps?
>
> ILO is serial console or rather console++, since you can even see the
> whole bootup sequence, change bios. But thats if you connect through their
> webinterface
>
> Just point me what other options I could try to get a proper dump or bt.

Perhaps you could still use the following:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-gdb.html
Otherwise, no ideas.

>> Anyway, I'll try to see if I can reproduce undefined symbol issue here.
>>
>> Not that it would matter much for resolution of your main problem (freeze).
>> Honestly, I have no clue about it.
>
> Ok. Hopefully someone else knows what can produce these freezes.

BTW, remembering something you said earlier - does including acpi device into
kernel still work for you? I.e. can you boot normally with that?

Also, can you try 8 on that machine? Just for the sake of experiment?

--
Andriy Gapon