Stefan Bethke wrote:
Am 28.10.2009 um 01:41 schrieb Daniel O'Connor:

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, jfar...@goldsword.com wrote:
Check the archives for stable@ and f...@. I believe that there was a thread not that long ago detailing exactly how to do that. IIRC, while it took a bit of work, it wasn't difficult.
Hmm do you have any idea what the subject was? I'm having trouble finding it :(

If you still need it, it was "ZFS pool corrupted on upgrade of -current (probably
sata  renaming)" on -current back in July.  You probably need to read the full
thread, and there are some caveats, but it's sometimes possible to glabel each
device/partion, and zpool replace the original device/partition with the labelled one
online.

It's here..
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2009-July/009440.html

Quote...
> On Wed Jul 15 at 16:22, Freddie Cash <fjwcash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yep.  It's as simple as:
>
>   * label all the drives using glabel, while they're still attached to
> the pool
>   * use "zpool replace pool ad4 label/disk01" to replace 1 drive
>   * wait for it to resilver
>   * use "zpool replace pool ad6 label/disk02" to replace the next
> drive
>   * repeat the resilver and replace until all the devices are replaced
>
> This is what I did to one of our servers.  Works quite nicely.
>
> There's no need to detach anything.

I'll try it when I get home and see how it goes.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum