Sossi Andrej wrote:
[...]
I use MD300i with FreeBSD 7.0 and 7.1 with iscsi-2.2.2. It work fine.
But be careful to configure MD3000i. MD3000i assign by default first
disk to preferred controller 0, second disk to preferred controller 1,
third disk to preferred controller 0, and so on. First, third, fifth...
disks is usable from FreeBSD, but second, fourth,... disks result unusable.
Work around: manually assign all disks to controller 0.
I'm talking with Dell's technical support, but Dell not support FreeBSD!
In any case, technical support tell me, the problem (maybe) is the
multipath. FreeBSD use only one path (only one IP) to communicate to
MD3000i. Second net interface in unused.

I hope that I have been helpful.

It was helpful!
You are right, that MD Storage Manager set preferred controller path to 0 for odd Virtual Disks and 1 to even Virtual Disks. (I don't know why) And if I manually changed it to controller 0, I can access it by this preferred path, but can't access it by the other path.

Does it mean I can't use multipath feature? Or what is the right behavior of this "preferred path" settings?

Miroslav Lachman