On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Mike Tancsa wrote:

At 09:27 PM 12/28/2009, Wes Morgan wrote:
I just upgraded from 7.2-stable to 8.0-stable, same kernel config (with uart), same everything else and now I can't receive more than a few bytes of data from my weather station before it just waits incessantly. Everything worked before, with the same serial port settings, uart device etc. Has anything else changed in the serial interface? I'm using the cuauX devices at 2400 baud.

For some low speed apps (1200bps in our case) I found I needed to set

hint.uart.0.flags="0x00100"

       ---Mike

Thanks for the suggestion. 0x100 doesn't seem to work, no data is being seen at all. Using 0x800, I get a bit more data, and if I slow down how fast I'm reading from the port I get a bit more (?????), but the final pass only reads two bytes before hanging indefinitely, not honoring the VMIN/VTIME parameters. It's almost like data is being thrown away, but the actual number of bytes is very small so I don't see how that could be happening.