John Baldwin wrote:
On Friday 08 January 2010 4:23:09 am martinko wrote:
Hi,

$ grep sk0 /etc/rc.conf.local
ifconfig_sk0="DHCP"

When booting up or netif restart:

Starting Network: lo0 sk0.
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  metric 0 mtu 16384
          options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
          inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x5
          inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
          inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
sk0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>  metric 0 mtu 1500
          options=b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU>
          ether 00:11:22:33:44:55
          media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
          status: no carrier
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

Please note that on older versions of FreeBSD it printed 'status:
active' and also IP address obtained via DHCP.  The same now happens
whether booting up or restarting via /etc/rc.d/netif and is a bit
confusing at best.  Other network services starting on boot seem to be
not affected at least.

SYNCDHCP would probably restore the old behavior but make your boot take
longer.

Thank you. It's just a few seconds difference for me. And I've found out that one can either use SYNCDHCP or synchronous_dhclient="YES".

Cheers,

Martin