04.02.2010 18:07, Oliver Fromme написав(ла):
Vasyl Samoilov<m...@vas.org.ua>  wrote:
  >  After migrating to 8.0-STABLE from 7.2-STABLE my messages output starts
  >  getting interleaved (see below). I'm running amd64 smp kernel. Is there
  >  anything can be done to get rid of this? Thanks in advance.

Do you have the following line in your kernel configuration?
(It's in GENERIC by default.)

    options   PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128

It mitigates the problem, but doesn't solve it completely.

Best regards
    Oliver

Yes, I do, but the problem seems to be somewhere else. It seems that this garbage in /var/log/messages comes in only when isc-dhcpd is starting. It's always some message from "kernel" with garbage in between dhcpd messages on every reboot - it shouldn't be there.

FreeBSD tiger.local.domain 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #1: Tue Feb 2 10:04:02 EET 2010 v...@tiger.local.domain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

>cat /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC | grep PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE
options PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128 # Prevent printf output being interspersed.

>pkg_info | grep dhcp
isc-dhcp31-server-3.1.3 The ISC Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol server