On 1 July 2010 02:13, Jack Vogel <jfvo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Julian Elischer <jul...@elischer.org>wrote:
>
>> On 6/30/10 10:26 AM, Jack F Vogel wrote:
>>
>>> Author: jfv
>>> Date: Wed Jun 30 17:26:47 2010
>>> New Revision: 209611
>>>
>>> Log:
>>>   SR-IOV support added to igb
>>>
>>>   What this provides is support for the 'virtual function'
>>>   interface that a FreeBSD VM may be assigned from a host
>>>   like KVM on Linux, or newer versions of Xen with such
>>>   support.
>>>
>>>   When the guest is set up with the capability, a special
>>>   limited function 82576 PCI device is present in its virtual
>>>   PCI space, so with this driver installed in the guest that
>>>   device will be detected and function nearly like the bare
>>>   metal, as it were.
>>>
>>>   The interface is only allowed a single queue in this configuration
>>>   however initial performance tests have looked very good.
>>>
>>>   Enjoy!!
>>>

>> do these extra devices turn up in a standard ifconfig output?
>> in other words, can we assign them to jails using vimage?
>>

> They only show up if configured in the PF host, for instance if using Linux
> and KVM (I did develop and test
> with Fedora 13) you must load the igb driver there specifying that you want
> vf's created and how many.
> devices to the guest. After you
> do all that and load this igb driver then yes, it will look just like a
> standard igbX device.

Hi, Jack.

I set up qemu-kvm on openSUSE 11.3
 with 82576 PCI device as you described.

Guest fails to attach with:
igb0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection version - 2.0.1> mem
0xf2060000-0xf2063fff,0xf2064000-0xf2067fff at device 5.0 on pci0
igb0: Unable to allocate bus resource: interrupt
device_attach: igb0 attach returned 6

i...@pci0:0:5:0:        class=0x020000 card=0xa03c8086 chip=0x10ca8086
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet
    cap 11[40] = MSI-X supports 3 messages in map 0x1c

Did  I missed something?

--
wbr,
pluknet