On 9/22/2010 6:50 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:02:08 am Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Can't we just do what lib/bind/config.mk already does?

Since I've already answered this twice in the same thread, I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine why I will not be making your proposed change.

Actually, I frequently build custom kernels w/o INET6, but don't necessarily
disable INET6 for the world build.  However, why can't BIND just be fixed to
have sane behavior if the kernel doesn't support INET6?

It already behaves as you expect it should, which I've already explained in detail twice in this same thread.

These are not the droids you're looking for, move along.

Doug

                        -- Propellerheads