Am 12.05.2011, 08:59 Uhr, schrieb Jeremy Chadwick <free...@jdc.parodius.com>:

Are you using any sort of LC_CTYPE or LANG setting in your dotfiles that
gets propagated to the root environment (during su, sudo, etc.)?  I see
that you're in .de which is why I ask.

I have

        :lang=de_DE.ISO8859-1:\

in /etc/login.conf.

Soon as I remove this, libzip compiles without error.

Generated zipconf.h: http://pastebin.com/n8YKaNQ8

For comparison, with lang=de,
completelty different types detected and used,
erroneous zipconf.h: http://pastebin.com/yTw77zgt

I've attached a zipconf.h file from my system.  You can compare the
differences; it should be obvious.  My system does not have "?"
characters injected into the typedefs, but more importantly (and this is
indeed important!), the types it detects/uses are completely different.

I'm not sure what's going on with your system, but it almost implies
that you have a separate set of include files that are "trumping" or
"overriding" the FreeBSD base system defaults.