On 06/17/11 18:01, John Baldwin wrote:

I'm not sure, but maybe rdmsr or wrmsr are generating exceptions which
are not managed by BTX? I could be wrong, I really dont' know that much
about the internals of CPUs.

Well, the old BTX didn't allow full access to CR registers.  Running in
real mode, there should be no problems with any MSR accesses though in
the new BTX.

I thought that, but I could not identify any other big diffs from the other BIOS I had a look at.

I obviously have the disassembled code available, but not posting it
here because I'm not sure what policies there are about disassembled
code on the lists.

You can post a URL perhaps (or just send it to me directly if you wish).

http://www.madpilot.net/HP6005Pro/

I put there a disassembled.txt with the relevant parts disassembled and put in some kind of order(you'll anyway need to jump a round a little, could not make it any better). There's a small comment identifying the critical area.

I put there a dump of the full BIOS and the IDT, just in case.

Thank you again!

--
Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>